Choosing the right songs for special moments at your wedding can be a fun, yet daunting part of your planning process! We asked one of preferred Disc Jockeys, Tom Pluister, his advice on the “Top Songs” to play at a wedding. Here is his favorite list.
Top 5 First Dance Songs
The bride and groom’s first dance is a very special time for the couple and their families. Choosing a song that touches your heart is the most important thing to consider when making this decision.
1. “At Last” by Etta James
2. “When You Say Nothing At All” by Alison Krauss
3. “The Luckiest” by Ben Folds
4. “First Day Of My Life” by Bright Eyes
5. “I’m Yours” (Bass over Babylon Mix) by Jason Mraz
Top 5 Father-Daughter Dance Songs
The father-daughter dance is typically a song of endearment from father to daughter. It’s also one of the hardest choices for a bride and her father to make… to curb emotions on the wedding day, Tom suggests a fun twist: Half way through the slow endearing song, Tom and his staff segue’ abruptly into a quick, fun song and the bride and her father pull out some choreographed dance moves! The guests love it and it brings everything back to celebration mode!
1. “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra
2. “Over The Rainbow” by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
3. “I Loved Her First” by Heartland
4. “Daughter” by Loudon Wainwright III
5. “My Girl” by The Temptations
Top 5 Mother-Son Dance Songs
Again, the mother-son dance becomes a difficult choice for many of the same reasons. This formal dance is entirely optional. Many mothers and grooms simply just take a moment together on the dance floor at some time during the night to show their appreciation for one another.
1. “Over The Rainbow” by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
2. “I Hope You Dance” (Single Version) by Lee Ann Womack Featuring Sons of The Desert
3. “What A Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
4. “In My Life” by The Beatles
5. “Simple Man” (Acoustic Version) by Shinedown
Top Party Songs
Variety is key to a great wedding celebration. When thinking of dance songs, mix up the genres and eras… good music is timeless. Here are Tom’s favorite Dance Floor Filling tracks!
1. “Respect” by Aretha Franklin
2. “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)” by The Four Tops
3. “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey
4. “Party Rock Anthem” by LMFAO (Featuring Lauren Bennett & GoonRock)
5. “The Way You Make Me Feel” by Michael Jackson
6. “Yeah!” by Usher Featuring Lil Jon & Ludacris
7. “You Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC
8. “Love Shack” by The B-52′s
9. “Stayin’ Alive” by Bee Gees
10. “Mustang Sally” by The Commitments
11. “Jump Around” by House Of Pain
12. “Bust A Move” by Young MC
Who is ready to dance? These are very popular songs amongst our wedding couples at Stafford’s. Did your song make the list?